Saturday, October 22, 2011

Genius.

I'm reading a little Clive Staples (C.S. Lewis).  I was going to write a little remark after "Clive Staples" demeaning those that might know the ol' bean by his first and middle name, but seeing as how you cannot read my body language, I would have come across as a jackass. 

Anyway, the man is brilliant.  I just looked over at A-bomb and said that, "The mark of a real genius is not a man that constantly speaks over every one's head while they all look around to see if anyone else understands, but the man that can communicate an in-depth message, unbelievable insight, and penetrating  thoughts to a child, laymen, or classic idiot.  Then, of course, he can turn and carry on another conversation where nobody, in fact, understands what he is saying. That is a real genius." That is what I said to A-bomb.

Don't get me wrong, I believe Mere Christianity to be great and all, but have you ever read The Abolition of Man or Modern Theology and Biblical Criticism? When I was 18 or 19 I read Mere Christianity.  And right after I picked up a copy of the latter and had to do the 'read the page over again' technique.  There is much more, but I will not go into all his work right now.  Right now, I want you to read how he trashes the literary criticisms of the literary critics. I think it is funny. So should you. I did not to plan to blog about this. Modern Theology And Biblical Criticism (Fern Seed And Elephants)  

No comments:

Post a Comment